The Word Warehouse – formerly Christ Centered Church, Inc. – was established in September 1987 as an independent, non-denominational ministry. The first worship service was held on Sunday, September 20, 1987, at the MGN Regency Hotel on Highway 70 West, now the Goldsboro Best Western Hotel. After joining the worship that first Sunday, Mother Eleva Monroe offered the use of her mobile home on National Drive in the Central Heights community. We worshiped there until February 1988, then moved to 606 A Street. We remained at that location for many years, even purchasing the property in October 1992. Today, the A Street location serves as our administrative/multipurpose facility. In July 1993, we purchased 1303 Florida Street to serve as our new Worship Center. Currently, we own seven rental properties, twenty acres of land, and the former Word Faith Center.